Saturday, April 28, 2007

Choosing the Best Career..

Since I am planning to graduate next semester, I applied for Bachelor's degree about a month ago. When I filled out graduation application form that shows the classes I have already taken, I found that I have not fulfilled section E of general GE. Because of that, I am taking one more class in De Anza in order to fulfill that area. The class that I am taking now is called, "Career Learning Planning." The main pupose of this class is to help the students to choose the best major or career based on his or her abilities and interests. We usually do a lot of discussions during the period of class time and take several surveys in order to help them to know about themselves more in depth. Actually I am really enjoying those activities because I am getting know more about myself that I did not know in the past.

Although I have already decided my major, business management, I also have some interests in other fields. By taking this class, I realized that I have many interests in such a diverse aspects of our lives that I still want to develop. Also, I leaned some more jobs that I did not know before. In my opinion, finding interests and abilities of one's own is the first and foremost thing that has to be done in order to choose the best career for hime or her. If he or she is not interested in something, he or she might not be able to continue what he or she is doing continously. Also, if one is not good at something, he or she will not be able to do that job as much as other people who are interested in it do. In my case, I also have some likes and dislikes on my major. And I bellieve it is more important to choose a career that I can be satisfied with rather than just sticking to a major after the graduation. Since I have not specifically diecided what kind of job I want to hold, I hope to know more about myself by taking this class in order to make a smart deicison that help me to choose the best career for me.

No comments: